SLAVE QUARTERS

It is thought that William Deery built this brick building around 1810. The fireplaces were added during the restoration of the Old Deery Inn in the early 2000’s. There is some controversy on the actual function of the building as it was used as a carriage house and garage by the Caldwell’s. One of the rooms represents an early laundry while the larger room is used to stage various skill demonstrations and exhibits.