Courthouse 1853, 1866, 1953
Blountville’s first courthouse was built of “massive hewn logs” across the Great Stage Road from the present site. In 1828, a brick courthouse was built on the current location with the Greek Revival portion added in 1853. The roof and interior of the building were destroyed during the Battle of Blountville, September 22, 1863. Rebuilt in 1866 with modifications in 1953, it now dominates the National Historic District in Blountville.