William Deery created the Hall and the Gathering room from his former one room log store and residence. This transformation occurred around 1810 after he added his post and beam addition on the west side of the building for his tavern, store, and post office. The hall leads to the Gathering Room, the Grand Dining Room, and the stairs to the second floor family residence. The entry leading into the Map Room was added in the 1940’s by the Caldwell’s when they converted the Inn to their personal residence. The general traveler of the 1800’s was not allowed in the family residence.