Old Deery Inn
The Old Deery Inn is a house museum fronting the Great Stage Road, the early 1800’s roadway connecting Washington D.C. and Nashville. The building was constructed as a two-story log storehouse in the late 1700’s.Under the stewardship of William Deery, an Irish “pack” peddler (1768-1845),the storehouse grew to a popular stage stop after Deery added a tavern, an inn, and expanded the store. He also remodeled the log house into a “mansion” for his family’s residence.Today, housing many 19th century antiques and artifacts, it is open for tours by costumed interpreters on Saturdays from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm, June through August, for special events, or by appointment. Presently owned by Sullivan County, Tennessee, it is managed by the Sullivan County Historical Preservation Association.